Revision

For revision sites – please see the ‘revision & links‘ category under the course you are taking (IB Biology, IGCSE Biology etc).

Here are some ideas for activities that can help students get the most out of revising from past papers (this is mainly aimed at teachers):

Revision lessons don’t have to be dull; here are 10 ideas to make them more interesting (and more effective!) – thanks be to Mr Field. Please add any more good ideas in the comments section below:

20 thoughts on “Revision

1. Kitty

This is a very good Science site. It serves as a one-stop centre for all the Science information that may be very helpful to the students. Hope that the same can be done for the other subjects.

Thank you for consolidating all the information.

Reply
  2. John

Thanks so much! I’m really passionate about science, but it’s already the end of y10 and none of my science teachers have covered half the syllabus. The pace is so slow that I felt I would only get a C if I didn’t do something. This site is helping me get way ahead!

Reply
    1. Mr Cartlidge Post author

That’s fantastic! I hope your passion keeps burning; Science is a great subject. And thanks for your comments.

Reply
  3. Sapphire

Thank you so much for this resource! The revision notes are really helping but do you have a PDF version uploaded onto the website of all the IGCSE Scienece revision notes (for each topic in biology, chemistry and physics)?? It would be abolsoutely amazing if you could email them to me.
    Thank you

Reply
    1. Mr Cartlidge Post author

I’m glad you like the revision notes but I only have them for Biology. However, Accelerated Study Notes also covers the Chemistry and Physics sections (a link to there can be found in the Revision and Links sections).

Reply
  4. Sumaiya

Do you have a PDF of all the revision notes on IGCSE science? Could you please email me? Thank you for assisting me to understand the key aspects of Science

Reply
    1. Mr Cartlidge Post author

Hi Sumaiya
      Unfortunately I do not. Also, there are no revision notes for Chemistry or Physics. You could try Accelerated Study Notes.
      All the best!

Reply
      1. Phenyo

@Mr Cartilidge
        Are you going to complete the uncompleted
        Biology notes before the igcse October examinations? I discovered your blog a few weeks ago and they’re excellent because they’re specific in the sense that they refer to the syllabus by whats required

Reply
        1. Mr Cartlidge Post author

I no longer teach Coordinated Sciences so although I intend to update the blog at some point, it is low on my priority list at the moment I’m afraid

Reply
  5. SARAH

I can’t find any coordinated science notes for chemistry, the word ones. I could find them for bio but not chemistry. Are there no notes just slides or is it I can’t find them. Could you please email me then in case you have them. Thank you. I got very well with bio. It’s a great help.

Reply
    1. Mr Cartlidge Post author

I’m glad you find the Bio notes useful. For Chemistry or Physics you could try Accelerated Study Notes.

Reply
  6. sue

Can you get me all the igcserevision notes too? I need to study for mocks… and your revision notes got me 100% in all my biology tests! Thank u sooo much!!!

Reply
  7. Bea

Hi Mr Cartlidge,
    Sorry for bothering you, but do you mind emailing me the igcse biology revision notes? I have found your site so useful, but not all the revision notes seems to be on there. Thank you in advance!! πŸ™‚

Reply
    1. Mr Cartlidge Post author

Hi Bea

I’m afraid that I get too many requests like this. However, the notes should all be there.
      Regards

Mr C

Reply
    1. Mr Cartlidge Post author

Hi
      I am afraid that I don’t email out the revision notes any more as they can be downloaded from my blog. Cheers
      Mr C

Reply